Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lemon Snickerdoodles

I love snickerdoodles. They are my very favorite cookie. Snickerdoodles work for every occasion throughout the year and let's not forget how delicious they are. When I saw the recipe for Lemon Snickerdoodles, I whipped up a batch right away and I'm so glad I did. Can you say divine? I love how the lemon zest gives the cookie a settle hint of lemon that is not overpowering. I found this great recipe at Not So Humble Pie blog and modified it just slightly.

Recipe:
Zest of 1 lemon
1/2 C butter, softened
1 C Sugar
1 Tbl lemon juice
1 Egg
1 tsp. Vanilla
1/4 tsp. Cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. Baking soda
1 3/4 C Flour
1/4 C sugar to roll the dough in
Zest the lemon into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter and sugar and mix well. Continue mixing while adding the lemon juice, egg, vanilla, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Once mixed together add the flour a little at a time until fully incorporated.
Form the dough into a bowl and cover in plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
Take the dough out of the fridge and remove wrap. Form small 1" balls and roll in the sugar. Place on a non-greased baking sheet and bake for 8-9 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. These cookies just as pretty as they are delicious. I've made two batched within one week and everyone who has tried one just loves them. You'll love them too, promise:-)
Enjoy!

0 comments: