Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Peanut Butter Heart Cookies

I saw this idea on Pinterest. Instead of a chocolate kiss top the cookie with a chocolate heart. So cute and perfect for Valentines Day. We have already posted an incredible peanut butter cookie recipe here but I didn't have shortening on me when I made these so I went with a butter based recipe instead. It was so good and matches the deliciousness of our other recipe. I sent these to the hospital with K and the cookies received raved reviews.

Recipe (adapted from allrecipes.com):
1 C unsalted butter
1 C Peanut butter
1 C Sugar
1 C Brown sugar
2 Eggs
2 1/2 C 
1 tsp Baking powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Baking soda




Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together. Add the sugar, brown sugar and eggs and mix well.

In a separate bowl, mix the dry ingredients together. Once mixed, slowly add it to the butter mixture until full incorporated.

Form dough into balls. I like to roll the dough in sugar before placing them on the pan to bake.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes.

While the cookies are baking. Unwrap your chocolate hearts and set aside. Right when the cookies come out of the oven, place a chocolate heart on top of the cookie.


The chocolate heart will melt into the cookie but still keep it's shape. I loved the mixture of peanut butter with ooey goey chocolate. It was yum delish, especially with a cold glass of milk. Enjoy these treats for yourself or make them for your sweetheart. They will definitely enjoy them! :-)
Enjoy!

0 comments: